This week’s podcast episode is all about realizing a few stark realities through an old fable and an oar fight on a rowboat in order to get the world back on its feet.
Because, historically, we humans have found a way to keep our species alive through a number of natural and man-made disasters.
I know it may seem like a stretch to believe, but according to a new book called, “Humankind – A Hopeful History” by Dutch historian Rutger Bregman…
- Humans are basically good
- We are hardwired to help
- Instead of “Survival of the Fittest”, it’s more about “Survival of the Friendliest”
Recent research by psychologists and evolutionary biologists have concluded that over time, we’ve selected “social intelligence” in our mates…
Which is good, because we’re going to need all the social intelligence we can muster, especially with the current state of divisive politics that is attempting to turn us against each other.
Usually, tragedy brings people together…it creates a common bond to work together as a team to survive and thrive in the aftermath…like 9/11
Almost the entire world rallied around the U.S. against the evils of terrorism.
And, most importantly, the leadership at the time focused on bringing people together…which is in stark contrast to what some leaders are doing with the current Coronavirus / Covid-19 crisis.
Specifically, the way the U.S. President is dealing (or not dealing) with this…
- Spreading a disbelief in Science because it doesn’t help his own manipulative causes
- Supporting more self-preservation or economic preservation thought instead of what’s best for society (choosing money over life)
- Promoting paranoia and suspicion and conspiracy theories all aimed at convincing people that following a scientific and humanitarian protocol will lead to a “loss of personal freedoms”
All of this nonsense reminded me of an old fable called…
Ultimately, the good news is we are a resilient and “friendly” species and it is our own personal responsibility to
- Reframe reality with a positive attitude
- Focus on the important things in our lives and don’t get caught up in the rhetoric
- Take Action and Help however we can
United We Stand … Divided We Fall
Questions or Comments : email@example.com
Want a free copy of my book (.pdf) no strings attached…firstname.lastname@example.org
Insta : thejavabud
FB: Java Bud
YouTube : The Java Bud