This week’s Surrounded by Idiots Radio Podcast episode is all about how much we obsess about making the “right’ choice.
Making the right choice comes down to one thing…
…making sure you’re asking the right question.
As a Philosophical Counselor, my job is all about “questions”.
Most of the time, it’s about point out that people are trying to define and guide their lives by asking themselves the WRONG questions.
So, to illustrate the power of asking the RIGHT questions…
This story shows exactly how we tend to overthink things and why we have such a hard time trusting our gut.
The story is about a good king who wants to always make the right choice so he seeks out a wise hermit to get answers to these three questions:
- How can I learn to do the right thing at the right time?
- Who are the people I most need and whom should I pay the most attention to?
- And, what affairs are the most important and need my first attention?
And in the process of the king discovering the answers, he learns a lot more than he ever bargained for.
Topics talked about in the podcast include:
- Having a solid foundation to work from
- Why is context soooooo important?
- Meta Awareness and why that is also so important
So…if I asked you what are the basic bricks in your foundation, could you tell me in a few short sentenced?!
www.javabud.com for all other podcasts and videos…and the Surrounded by Idiots book link to Amazon.